Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For an answer, click on your question below.
- How can I change my email address for receiving event notifications?
- You'll follow the regular instructions at this link, but you'll be logging on with your old email address initially and then changing the email address once you're in the system.
- I've moved, how can I receive event notifications in my new location?
- Please follow the instructions at this link.
- I'm still getting notified of events in areas I'm not interested in. What's up with that?
- The place to verify your area settings is by logging on to the subscriber database and updating these settings.
- I haven't been getting event notifications that I signed up for. Who can help me with that?
- The place to verify your settings is by logging on to the subscriber database.
First, see if you're signed up for the cities you intended to. If that needs correction, that's probably the answer.
Next, confirm that the correct email is entered for you.
If that isn't working, your email server is probably putting the event notifications in a junkmail folder. Try setting anything that comes from @thecmg.org and @thecmg.info to be a "safe sender" in your email program; this may help.
If you are still not receiving notifications in the area(s) you requested, contact the CMG Database Manager.
And until it's all working for you, remember: all event notifications sent by email are also on www.theCMG.org/events .
- How can I attend a CMG Board meeting?
- Please contact the CMG Secretary for Board meeting information, the time, date, and location of the next meeting, and for documents related to the meeting. You may review the minutes of past meetings on our Minutes and Publications page. CMG Board meetings are open to CMG members, CMG Gathering and local events attendees, and the general public.
In general, Board meetings are held in the hours prior to most men's Friday afternoon arrival at the CMG's three statewide Gatherings in Spring (Memorial Day Weekend), Summer (Labor Day Weekend), and Fall (mid-November). Anyone from long-standing Gathering attendees to newcomers are welcome to attend Board meetings – even if you are not staying for the Gathering. Additionally there are 2-3 meetings throughout the year that are conference calls and a meeting on the first day of the Annual Business Meeting. These are open, as well.
- Are Board meeting minutes and Annual Business Meeting (ABM) minutes available to the public for viewing?
- Absolutely. The most recent minutes may or may not be posted to the site since it can take time for them to be approved by the Board, but meeting minutes and other Board information are always available for viewing on our Minutes and Publications page.
- Where can I find postings of Board meeting minutes?
- Meeting minutes and other Board information are always available for viewing on our Minutes and Publications page.
- What is the Annual Business Meeting and how can I attend?
- CMG's Annual Business Meeting is our biggest planning meeting and is generally held over a Saturday and Sunday in January or February.
Typically it's been held in January around the weekend of Martin Luther King, Jr., Day.
It's an important time to hear the Annual Report to Members from all CMG leaders; to elect Board officers for the year; to consider changes to the CMG bylaws;
and participate in the "visioning" proposals -- and share your opinions -- that will guide us as an organization for years to come.
So if you've never attended, this is a great opportunity. The welcome dinner, the meetings on Saturday and Sunday and the Board meeting on Saturday afternoon are open to all interested men in the CMG community. We welcome your participation and we hope you will make every attempt to join us! (Men who have volunteered at least 25 hours to CMG in a recognized capacity during the past year -- and pay $1 -- are also entitled to vote on all proposals, according to our bylaws.) Specifics on when and where this upcoming meeting will be held are emailed to everyone signed up to receive event notifications by early December.
- How can I request a posting on Binky's List, the monthly statewide newsletter?
- We have a few simple guidelines for you to follow -- so it's easy to get started.
- How can I arrange the setup of a conference call for a CMG committee meeting?
- You may request the set up of a conference call if you are in a leadership role for a CMG Gathering Planning Committee or a Local Events Committee. Contact the CMG Communications Director for setting this up. Please allow a 2-3 day lead time to do this.