Summer Gathering - Santa Rosa
Join us this Labor Day Weekend!
Friday-Monday, Sep 2-5, 2016
Santa Rosa, CA
at Camp Newman
For full event information, including pricing, download/view the
Invitation to the Gathering and Registration (PDF, 518Kb)
About this year's Summer Gathering...
Now inviting all men to leave behind the familiar and experience an interactive weekend of connection with 150+ other men! In an unpredictable and exciting jungle atmosphere that’s safe, together we’ll create an ecosystem of unity and activity, take risks, and reclaim our roots as creators, lovers, and shamans. This gathering will engage the senses with a truly immersive and unique weekend experience that will surprise newcomers and regulars alike. Let us take you from the urban jungle, Into the Jungle!
What’s It All About?
Like a weekend summer camp for men, it’s a coming together of friendly men of all sexual persuasions from ages 18+ who are looking to relax, have fun, connect, bond, build community, and grow. We foster openness, adventure, and camaraderie through workshops, music, outdoor events, poolside fun, food, talent/no-talent shows, movie nights and much more. Come join us at our beautiful camp just outside Santa Rosa and see what the buzz is all about. (A drug and alcohol-free event) We hope to see you there!
There’s a kind of magic possible at a CMG Gathering
If you've been to a Gathering, you know, and if this is going to be your first time, you're about to find out! Each Gathering offers something new, even to those who attend year-after-year. The community will consist of around 150 to 200 great guys, mostly gay or bi, some trans men, some straight men – anyone who identifies as male, ages 18 to 80+. We each contribute to the fun, the friendliness and the success of the weekend. We love to share our knowledge, talents and skill, our wisdom and our experiences. If physically able, we each volunteer to do our share to make it all work while having an often-unspoken collective intention that the weekend be incredibly satisfying, possibly extraordinary…
For full event info, download and view the Invitation to the Gathering (PDF).
Register for the Gathering
Once you've decided the Gathering is for you, online registration is easy. If you experience difficulty (it’s often the browser), contact the firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll help you through it. The Invitation document explains Financial Aid, First-Timer Discount, Refund Policy and all pricing information. Payment can be made online when you register or by check; however, your registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
Basic Info and Things to Consider
- The Gathering is held Labor Day Weekend, Friday, September 2nd through Monday, September 5th
- Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m., Friday and the Gathering ends 2:00 p.m., Monday
- Location is sixty miles north of San Francisco, in the beautiful hills near Santa Rosa. Driving directions will be supplied after registration.
- The registration fee ranges from $250 to $415, on an income-based sliding scale. This covers lodging, meals, workshops and virtually all events. Rooming and optional upgrades may be available.
- If this is your first Gathering, you can take a $35 discount off your registration fee!
- Limited financial aid grants of $100 are available while they last, bringing the cost to you down to $150.00. (Send a brief request to email@example.com).
- As part of creating a safe space for all, all Gatherings are drug- and alcohol-free.
- Electronic devices are welcome, but please keep it private, excuse yourself politely to make or take calls, etc. Public usage may be wholly appropriate, for example to take notes or set up reminders.
- In some areas of the camp, clothing may be optional. However, it’s not a nudist event. Most men remain clothed, except at the pool.
- For a truly transformational weekend, add on The Ropes Course for an additional $45 – Limited space available!
To get to the camp from San Francisco, consider taking The GreenBus, which picks up men Friday afternoon at 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. at SFO, 2:00 p.m. near the 16th and Mission BART, and 2:15 p.m. near the Market & Castro MUNI station. It’s cheaper than driving at $45 roundtrip – and it’s fun and relaxing!
Refer to the Invitation document for additional information, including contact information.
We very much hope to see you in Santa Rosa this Labor Day weekend!