Summer Gathering - Santa Rosa
Join us this Labor Day Weekend!
Friday-Monday, Sep 4-7, 2015
Santa Rosa, CA
at Camp Newman
For full event information, including pricing, download/view the
Invitation to the Gathering and Registration (PDF, 703 Kb)
About this year's Summer Gathering...
For centuries, men have been setting off on journeys of discovery, of adventure, of bounty and of hope. These voyages proved to be trying, pushing men to the brink and to lean on each other to overcome any obstacles. This year, within CMG’s safe, supportive environment, we’ll come together, connect with one another in meaningful ways, support each other and embark on our own journeys!
What’s It All About?
The Summer California Men’s Gathering is a three-day weekend in a beautiful woodland retreat. Hundreds of men come together from California and beyond to take a break from their daily routines, open their hearts and minds, relax, have fun and build a diverse community of men. Each man is encouraged to take part in as much or as little as they choose, so the weekend can be about what you want, simply enjoying life, meeting new guys, developing yourself and having a great time!
There’s a kind of magic possible at a CMG Gathering
If you've been to a Gathering, you know, and if this is going to be your first time, you're about to find out! Each Gathering offers something new, even to those who attend year-after-year. The community will consist of around 150 to 200 great guys, mostly gay or bi, some trans-men, some straight men – anyone who identifies as a male, ages 18 to 80+. We each contribute to the fun, the friendliness and the success of the weekend. We love to share our knowledge, talents and skill, our wisdom and our experiences. If physically able, we each volunteer to do our share to make it all work while having an often-unspoken collective intention that the weekend be incredibly satisfying, possibly extraordinary…
For full event info, download and view the Invitation to the Gathering (pdf).
Register for the Gathering
Once you've decided the Gathering is for you, online registration is easy. If you experience difficulty (it’s often the browser), contact the firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll help you through it. The Invitation document explains Financial Aid, First-Timer Discount, Refund Policy and all pricing information. Payment can be made online when you register or by check; however, your registration is not confirmed until payment is received.
Basic Info and Things to Consider
- The Gathering is held Labor Day Weekend, Friday September 4th through Monday September 7th
- Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m., Friday and the Gathering ends 2:00 p.m., Monday
- Location is sixty miles north of San Francisco, in the beautiful hills near Santa Rosa. Driving directions will be supplied after registration.
- Registration ranges from $245 to $410, on an income-based sliding scale. This covers lodging,
meals, workshops and virtually all events. Rooming and optional upgrades may be available.
- If this is your first Gathering, you can take a $35 discount off your registration fee!
- Limited financial aid grants of $100 are available while they last, bringing the cost to you down to $145.00. (Send a brief request to email@example.com).
- As part of creating a safe space for all, all Gatherings are drug- and alcohol-free.
- Electronic devices are welcome, but please keep it private, excuse yourself politely to make or take calls, etc. Public usage may be wholly appropriate, for example to take notes or set up reminders.
- In some areas of the camp, clothing may be optional. However, it’s not a nudist event. Most men remain clothed, except at the pool.
- For a truly transformational weekend, add on The Ropes Course for an additional $40 – Limited space available!
To get to the camp from San Francisco, consider taking The GreenBus, which picks up 2:00 p.m., Friday afternoon near the 16th and Mission BART and 2:15 p.m. near the Market & Castro MUNI station. It’s cheaper than driving at $40 roundtrip – and it’s fun and relaxing!
Refer to the Invitation document for additional information, including contact information.
We very much hope to see you in Santa Rosa this Labor Day weekend!