Summer Gathering - Santa Rosa
Join us this Labor Day Weekend!
Friday, Aug 29th - Monday, Sept 1st, 2014
Santa Rosa, CA
For full event information, including pricing, download/view the
Invitation to the Gathering and Registration
The Colorful Patterns of Men
Each Gathering has a unique theme as a focus to explore. This year, within CMG’s safe, supportive environment, we’ll come together as an extended family of men to acknowledge, experience and honor our individuality and uniqueness. There will be opportunities to look from different views to see how we could connect, create and grow with each other and the world in new and fulfilling ways. Bring the colors you already are and mix into the kaleidoscope!
There's a kind of magic possible at a CMG Gathering... If you've been to a Gathering, you know, and if this is going to be your first time, you're about to find out! Each Gathering offers something new, even to those who attend year-after-year. Who will be there is a swell group of around 200 great guys, mostly gay or bi, some trans-men, some straight men - anyone who identifies as a male, ages 18—80+. We each contribute to the fun, the friendliness and the success of the weekend. We love to share our knowledge, talents and skill, our wisdom and our experiences. We contribute to the community by volunteering, lending a hand to make it all work, while having an often-unspoken collective intention that the weekend be, at the very least, incredibly satisfying for everyone there!
For this Gathering, whether you’re into relaxing, bobbing around in the pool, exchanging a massage or two in the Massage Cabin, or up for expanding yourself by doing the Ropes Course, enjoying workshops or even LEADING a workshop, you’ll be among friends...
You are encouraged to stretch yourself in fun ways... cut loose in the audition-free Talent/No Talent show, dance your ass off at the Funky Groovadelic Boogie, mellow out in the shady Kaleidorific Zen-Zone or get your groove on in The Rumpus Room! Have a snack in the 24/7 Café yo Mama and hang around in the HANG OUT Lounge and meet other men! No matter what your pleasure, you'll be sure to connect and have some wicked good-times in a beautiful, serene, safe, drug- and alcohol-free environment.
Basic Info to Attend
- The Gathering is held Labor Day Weekend, Friday, August 29th through Monday, September 1st
- Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m., Friday and the Gathering ends 2:00 p.m., Monday
- Location is sixty miles north of San Francisco, in the beautiful hills of Santa Rosa.
- Registration ranges from $239 to $399, on an income-based sliding scale. This covers lodging, meals, workshops and virtually all events.
- If this is your first Gathering, you can take a $39 discount off your registration fee!
- Limited financial aid grants of $100 are available while they last. Send a request to email@example.com.
- As part of creating a safe space for all, the Gathering is a drug-free and alcohol-free event.
- The Gathering is intended to be largely technology-free, although there will be an area designated for Internet connection, as well as a few projectors for specific uses.
- In some areas of the camp, clothing may be optional. However, it’s not a nudist event. Most men remain clothed, except at the pool.